Mead, Colorado is known as
Mead, Colorado is known as "the little town that could." The Town of Mead was platted on February 16, 1906 and incorporated on March 17, 1908. The Town of Mead was named for Dr. Martin Luther Mead by his son, Paul Martin Mead, who founded the town. As of 2011, there are no traffic signal lights in the town of Mead. Also of note is that Mead High School opened south of the town of Mead in 2009. There had previously been a high school in Mead, but it closed in the early 1960s.